Sunday, November 25, 2012

A New Crochet Case and the Monday Link Up


One of the first sewing projects I ever made was a case for my crochet hooks.  I must have used some type of tutorial but I don't remember - all I know is that I "splurged" by ordering 2 fat quarters of pretty  fabric from Etsy and used premade bias tape since I didn't know how to make my own!



This past summer when I was having all sorts of sewing machine issues, I was crocheting A LOT.  (Remember this, this, and this?)  And everytime I would take out my crochet case, I would think to myself - Beth, you really need to make a new one!!!  Yep, I had no nostalgia for it being my first project (you'll notice I'm not even showing a photo.)


Needless to say, I have now made myself a new case.  And as you can see I used more than a couple fat quarters of pretty fabric and I made the bias tape (well, straight grain but you know what I mean . . .)

Of course, now with my sewing machine, my new found love of english paper piecing, and the 5 million hats I made this summer, I'm not sure I when I'm actually going to get out the crochet hooks but when I do, I'll love using the new case!


Plum and June
Now it is your turn - what have you been up to?  Link up a sewing/quilting post, visit each other (at the very least, please visit the two people on the list before you), promote the link up with a text link or the button on my sidebar, and when the link tool asks for your name, write the name of your favorite comfort food.




20 comments:

  1. that's beautiful! I love me some chicopee :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I never thought to make myself a hook case, though I did get a nice one that came with hooks in all sizes so that's probably why the thought never crossed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will have to keep up the crochet projects Beth, it would be a shame not to get that lovely case out as often as possible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the fabrics you chose for the crochet hook caddy. I think having a beautiful new holder for your hooks will inspire you to use them. I adore that Granny Squares Sampler you made. I was showing photos to my sister the other week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, this is gorgeous! What a perfect fabric mix. I may have to break down and buy one of those Chicopee Voltage prints after all... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth it is so beautiful! I love the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks fabulous Beth. Love the fabrics and your stitching looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty, I love Chicopee and the wrap-around tie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never seem to find my favorite size hooks. Now I have a new projected added to my list. Who knew reading blogs could be so dangerous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool case - love the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty fabric for a very pretty case!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your crochet hook case is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the crochet hook case. Need to make one for myself. And then get me some more yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beth, I LOVE this case. Maybe if I had one this pretty it would inspire me to crochet more. I haven't done it for years! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! I like your fabric choices too. I need to make a case for my knitting and crochet implements.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting!